Life

I am warm in a borrowed jacket
The sky is blue and grey.
I’m lost, on borrowed time
Life is pushing me in an unknown way.

I’m spending my borrowed money
to buy lost time today
I laugh at borrowed sympathy
I must be the only one with nothing left to say.


I scoff at this borrowed life
I did not need it, I prayed.
But somehow I kept on living
It was the price I had to pay.

So if everything was wrong and nothing was right
Would I be the one weeping at my own plight?
Would I be the one losing my will ,no hope in sight?
Would I lay down without giving a fight?


I would, I would, I said.
Look at me for I am old ,
These borrowed ideas and a restless soul
Leave if you must pay back if you could
But do not whine and complain,
well maybe I’m just misunderstood.

I’m jaded ,perpetually in cerebral motion
Lost with my thoughts they calm me in commotion.
Lost in trouble lost in joy forever and ever, where do I go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reborn

AN AUDIENCE OF ONE

Fear